I’m really excited to share this recipe. I’m kind of obsessed with lavender, and these cookies are a huge hit anytime I serve them.
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp dried lavender flowers (1 tbsp is great for normal people. I always double mine up with 2 tbsp because I like the flavour really strong.)
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line 2-3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Stir flour, sugar, and baking powder in a bowl until mixed thoroughly.
- Stir butter and egg into flour mixture until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and lavender; gently mix until thoroughly combined.
- Use your hands to form it into a ball. Then roll the dough out onto a flat surface until 1/4″ thick.
- Use a small circular cookie cutter, or shot-glass to punch out little circles.
- Place your cut-outs about 2″ apart onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until the edges turn lightly golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
Instead of rolling the dough out and using a cookie cutter. You can just spoon them onto the cookie sheet in typical cookie-blobs. But the end result is much prettier if you roll them out. Plus when you use a shot-glass as the cookie cutter, you end up with these great little bite-sized “cookie buttons”.