This may seem obvious now, but I was making Rice Krispies Squares with my kids one day, and we didn’t have enough Rice Krispies cereal, so we subbed in some Cinnamon Toast Crunch and it blew our minds with how delicious it was.
So I’ve tested it out in full, using the official Original Rice Krispies Treats recipe with one batch using a substitution of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and one batch using Froot Loops. Below is the recipe, and some tips.
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 40 JET-PUFFED Marshmallows (approx 1 package)
- 6 cups of cereal
- Measure out your cereal into a large bowl. If you’re not using actual Rice Krispies, it works best if you crush it up a bit with a wooden spoon.
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir with a wooden spoon until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add cereal. Stir until well coated. Don’t be afraid to crush it up a little more.
- Coat a 13″ x 9″ glass baking dish in cooking spray or a light coat of butter.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish, use wax paper to evenly press the mixture into it. Don’t be afraid to compact it.
- Let it cool before cutting into squares.
- Use fresh marshmallows
- Crunching up the cereal into smaller pieces will help it to coat more consistently, resulting in how the traditional Rice Krispie version would turn out.
Shop our Breakfast Cereal online and try it out!