Save energy while creating edible energy! These no bake energy bars are simple to make and sure to please the whole family. With no added sugar, these make a great healthy substitute for store bought granola bars – plus you’re saving the landfill from the extra packaging that comes with individually wrapped products. All you need is:
- 30 Dates (Medjool, Sayer or any other kind works)
- 1 cup of your choice of nuts: cashews, peanuts, hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds, pecans (feel free to mix and match!)
Note: Buying pitted dates will save you time pitting them by hand!
- Remove pits from dates if using pitted
- Add the nuts and dates to a food processor (a blender will work too, but you may need to blend for longer)
- Blend or process until it resembles cookie dough
- Press dough into a baking pan – for thinner bars, choose a larger baking pan
- Place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to help set the dough and make it easier to cut
- Remove from freezer and cut into desired sizes
You may need to add more dates or nuts to get the perfect ‘dough’. The ideal result will feel similar to cookie dough. If the dough ends up too dry, you can add a few teaspoons of water until it becomes soft again.
Store in a container in the fridge or freeze them for later!