updated May 21, 2020
In this policy, we describe what personal information we (MapleStaple) collect; how we use, share and manage it; how you can access, update and/or correct your personal information; the privacy choices available to you; and notices relating to services that may provide you with more information with your consent.
Your information is safe with us. All your information and personal data are treated with the utmost of care. We do not sell or share our customer list with anyone.
Here are the list of questions we are answering:
o Why do we Collect Personal Information?
o What kind of Personal Information do we collect?
o What is Your Social Media Policy?
o How do we collect Information?
o What Kind of Information Might be Collected Automatically?
o What Kind of Information Might We Share with Others?
o How is my Online Customer Account at MapleStaple protected?
1. Why do we Collect Personal Information?
We collect personal information about you to:
- deliver the products and services you request,
- communicate offers and information that might interest you and
- help improve your shopping experience with MapleStaple
- Understand and analyze the interests, needs and preferences of our Customers
- Develop, enhance, market, recommend and/or provide products and services to meet the needs and interests of customers and potential customers
- Use for marketing and analytics purposes
We may use your information to contact you (including via text/SMS messaging) in order to:
- Communicate with you to clarify orders, purchases or specific products
- Respond to your communications and requests,
- Provide support, process your payments,
- Verify your identity to reduce fraud or errors, and
- Evaluate and ensure the health and safety of our shoppers and customers
- Communicate with you regarding promotions, contests, offers, incentives, rewards, surveys, questionnaires and other pertinent matters
We strive to limit the amount of personal information collected to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
2. What kind of Personal Information do we collect?
Personal information is information that identifies, or could be reasonably associated with you. The personal information we collect may include:
- Contact and payment information like your name, email and physical addresses, phone numbers, and credit and debit card information (including credit card expiration date and CVV code),
- information about the specific products and services that you purchase from us online
- We may also collect information you provide us such as the name, address, and phone number of recipients
- Information to comply with legal requirements, or we may collect
- information for the purposes of detecting, preventing and suppressing fraud
3. What is Your Social Media Policy
We may offer you the opportunity to engage with our content on or through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications. When you engage with our content this way, you may allow us to have access to certain information associated with your social media account, (e.g. name, username, e-mail address, photos) in accordance with your social media privacy settings to deliver the content or as part of the operation of the website, plug-in or application. We may use this information to confirm your identity and to personalize your experience on our website and on the third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications.
4. How do we collect Information?
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with MapleStaple online. Some examples are when you:
- Create an account on one of our websites
- Apply for employment with us
- Upload or import digital image files to our in-store or online photo services
- Conduct a transaction where we collect information, including when required by law
- Request customer service or contact us
- Submit a MapleStaple related story, image, testimonial, rating or review, or other user-generated content that may be posted on the site
- Participate in a contest, promotion, or survey
- Otherwise submit personal information to us along with any related content of the communication.
5. What Kind of Information Might be Collected Automatically?
We receive and store certain types of information when you interact with our websites, emails, and online advertising. Our purpose is to:
- Allow the website to work correctly
- Evaluate use of the website
- Support website and mobile analytics and marketing campaigns to help us gather and analyze information about the areas visited on the websites (such as the pages most read, time spent, search terms and other engagement data) in order to evaluate and improve the user experience and the convenience of the websites.
- Use technology like tracer tags or web beacons to help us determine the usage and effectiveness of our site and communications
We may collect technical information such as:
- Your internet protocol address,
- Device identifier (or UDID),
- Type of device,
- Your computer’s operating system and browser type,
- Your internet protocol (IP) address,
- The date and time you accessed our service,
- The address of a referring website
- The path you take through our web pages.
If you make a purchase online, we may also use and share this information for the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud.
A cookie is a small text file that your browser may store when you view a web page or certain types of content-rich e-mails.
- May let us know who you are
- May be necessary to access your account information (stored on our computers) in order to provide you with personalized services, such as language preferences
- Will provide us and our service providers with information that we will use to personalize our websites in accordance with your preferences and interests
- Let us know the items in your shopping cart, which will expire after you close your browser
7. What Kind of Information Might We Share with Others?
With your consent, or at your direction we may share your information with:
- Other Customers (making announcements on social media pages)
- Retail partners
- Third Party Service Providers, such as advertising agencies, marketing agents, data processing and storage companies or organizations/individuals providing administrative and support services
- Government Bodies and law enforcement agencies, pursuant to warrant, order or statuary requirement
We may share your information for the following purposes:
- Legal – when disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) to comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal process, or requests from law enforcement or regulatory authorities (b) to prevent, detect, or otherwise handle fraud, security, or technical issues and (c) to protect the safety, rights of property of any person, the public or MapleStaple
- Business – during sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or when sharing information between MapleStaple and its current and future affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership
8. How is my Online Customer Account at MapleStaple protected?
- By the password you use to access your online account
- By technology called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- Sensitive or personal information are maintained in locked locations or cabinets with similar restrictions for electronic storage
- When closed down, your information will be shredded, destroyed, erased or otherwise made unreadable
- We comply with industry standards that require safeguards for handling and securing customer information
This policy may change from time to time and any revised Policy will be posted at this page, so we encourage you to review it regularly. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice or send you a notification.
By continuing to use our services or purchase our products after the modified version of the policy has been posted, you are accepting the changes to the policy, subject to any additional requirements which may apply. If you do not agree to the changes in our policy, it is your responsibility to stop participating in our programs, and/or using our services or purchasing our products. It is your obligation to ensure that you read, understand and agree to the latest version of the policy. The “Effective Date” at the top of the policy indicates when it was last updated.
Contact customer service for:
- Store experience
- Marketing preferences
- Product Questions
- General feedback/questions