For a classic chocolate cake, save time with this easy “just add water” recipe.
CANE SUGAR, WHEAT FLOUR, SHORTENING (CANOLA OIL, MODIFIED PALM AND PALM KERNEL OILS), COCOA, MODIFIED MILK INGREDIENTS, DRIED WHOLE EGG, SALT, SODIUM BICARBONATE, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE, SODIUM ACID PYROPHOSPHATE, SORBITAN MONOSTEARATE (EMULSIFIER), POLYSORBATE 60 (EMULSIFIER), ARTIFICIAL FLAVOUR. Allergens: Milk, Wheat, Eggs
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
To make 1 cake approx: 23 x 23 x 5 cm, you’ll need:
– 500 g cake mix (2 cups + 1 tbsp)
– 250 ml water
1) Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF) for standard home oven or 160ºC (325ºF) for convection oven.
2) Break up lumps prior to measuring. Cake mix is lightly shaken down, but not firmly packed. For best results, weigh all ingredients.
3) Place cake mix in electric mixer bowl. Add 1/2 of the water. Beat at low speed for 1 minute; scrape bowl. Add remaining water and continue beating at low speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
4) Pour into greased cake pan.
5) Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (standard oven); 25 to 30 minutes (convection oven). Cool cakes in pan on wire rack for 20 to 30 minutes.